From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: SSTable Num
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:01:24 GMT
> Hi – I have around 6TB of data on 1 node
Unless you have SSD and 10GbE you probably have too much data on there.
Remember you need to run repair and that can take a long time with a lot of data. Also you
may need to replace a node one day and moving 6TB will take a while.

>  Or will the sstable compaction continue and eventually we will have 1 file ?
No.
The default size tiered strategy compacts files what are roughly the same size, and only when
there are more than 4 (default) of them.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 21/02/2013, at 3:47 AM, Kanwar Sangha <kanwar@mavenir.com> wrote:

> Hi – I have around 6TB of data on 1 node and the cfstats show 32 sstables. There is
no compaction job running in the background. Is there a limit on the size per sstable ? Or