From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cassandra vs. mongodb quick question
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 19:41:25 GMT
If you have spinning disk and 1G networking and no virtual nodes, I would still say 300G to
500G is a soft limit.

If you are using virtual nodes, SSD, JBOD disk configuration or faster networking you may
go higher.

The limiting factors are the time it take to repair, the time it takes to replace a node,
the memory considerations for 100's of millions of rows. If you the performance of those operations
is acceptable to you, then go crazy.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/02/2013, at 9:05 AM, "Hiller, Dean" <Dean.Hiller@nrel.gov> wrote:

> So I found out mongodb varies their node size from 1T to 42T per node depending on the
profile.  So if I was going to be writing a lot but rarely changing rows, could I also use
cassandra with a per node size of +20T or is that not advisable?