From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject Re: cassandra cqlsh error
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:14:21 GMT
I had this problem using a rather old version of Open JDK. I downloaded the Sun JDK and its
working now.

Brian

On Feb 4, 2013, at 1:04 PM, Kumar, Anjani wrote:

> Thank you Aaron! I uninstalled older version of Cassandra and then brought 1.2.1 version
of apache Cassandra as per your mail below. However, I am receiving the following error while
starting Cassandra.
> anjani@anjani-laptop:~/apache-cassandra-1.2.1/bin$ ./cassandra
> xss =  -ea -javaagent:./../lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar -XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42
-Xms1005M -Xmx1005M -Xmn200M -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xss180k

> Thanks,
> Anjani

“sudo apt-get install Cassandra” on my ubuntu. Since it doesn’t have CQL support(at
least I cant find it) so I thought of installing Datastax version of Cassandra but still no
luck starting cqlsh so far. Any suggestion?