From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Bulk Loading-Unable to select from CQL3 tables with NO "COMPACT STORAGE" option after Bulk Loading - Cassandra version 1.2.1
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 03:28:38 GMT
CQL 3 tables that do not use compact storage store use Composite Types , which other code may
not be expecting.

Take a look at the CQL 3 table definitions through cassandra-cli and you may see the changes
you need to make when creating the SSTables.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/02/2013, at 3:44 AM, praveen.akunuru@wipro.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using the bulk loader program provided in Datastax website. http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading
>
> I am able to load data into tables created with "COMPACT STORAGE" option and also into
tables created with out this option. However, I am unable to read data from the table created
without "COMPACT STORAGE" option.

> I created 2 tables as below:
>
> CREATE TABLE TABLE1(
>             field1 text PRIMARY KEY,
>             field2 text,
>             field3 text,
>             field4 text
>          ) WITH COMPACT STORAGE;
>
> CREATE TABLE TABLE2(
>             field1 text PRIMARY KEY,
>             field2 text,
>             field3 text,
>             field4 text
>          );
>
> Now, I loaded these 2 tables using the Java bulk loader program(Create SSTables and load
them using SSTableloader utility).

> I can read the data from TABLE1, but, when I try to read data from TABLE2, I am getting
timeout from both cqlsh & cli.

> <Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 8.10.58 PM.png>
>

> <Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 8.10.38 PM.png>
>
> Is this expected behavior, or am I doing something wrong? Can anyone please help.
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Praveen
> Wipro Limited (Company Regn No in UK - FC 019088)
> Address: Level 2, West wing, 3 Sheldon Square, London W2 6PS, United Kingdom. Tel +44
20 7432 8500 Fax: +44 20 7286 5703

> VAT Number: 563 1964 27
>
> (Branch of Wipro Limited (Incorporated in India at Bangalore with limited liability vide
Reg no L99999KA1945PLC02800 with Registrar of Companies at Bangalore, India. Authorized share
capital: Rs 5550 mn))

of this message and any attachments.