From Kanwar Sangha <kan...@mavenir.com>
Subject Read Perf
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 03:31:25 GMT
Hi - I am doing a performance run using modified YCSB client and was able to populate 8TB on
a node and then ran some read workloads. I am seeing an average TPS of 930 ops/sec for random
reads. There is no key cache/row cache. Question -

Will the read TPS degrade if the data size increases to say 20 TB , 50 TB, 100 TB ? If I understand
correctly, the read should remain constant irrespective of the data size since we eventually
have sorted SStables and binary search would be done on the index filter to find the row ?

Thanks,
Kanwar