From Kanwar Sangha <kan...@mavenir.com>
Subject RE: SSTable Num
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:39:52 GMT
No.
The default size tiered strategy compacts files what are roughly the same size, and only when
there are more than 4 (default) of them.

Ok. So for 10 TB, I could have at least 4 SStables files each of 2.5 TB ?

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: 21 February 2013 11:01
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSTable Num

Hi - I have around 6TB of data on 1 node
Unless you have SSD and 10GbE you probably have too much data on there.
Remember you need to run repair and that can take a long time with a lot of data. Also you
may need to replace a node one day and moving 6TB will take a while.

 Or will the sstable compaction continue and eventually we will have 1 file ?
No.
The default size tiered strategy compacts files what are roughly the same size, and only when
there are more than 4 (default) of them.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand