From Kanwar Sangha <>
Subject RE: Cassandra backup
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 02:26:40 GMT
Thanks. I will look into the details.

One issue I see is that if I have only one column family which needs only the last 7 days
data to be on SSD and the rest to be on the HDD, how will that work.

From: Michael Kjellman []
Sent: 18 February 2013 20:08
Subject: Re: Cassandra backup

There is this:

But you'll need to design your data model around the fact that this is only as granular as
1 column family

From: Kanwar Sangha <<>>
Date: Monday, February 18, 2013 6:06 PM
Subject: Cassandra backup

Hi - We have a req to store around 90 days of data per user. Last 7 days of data is going
to be accessed frequently. Is there a way we can have the recent data (7 days) in SSD and
the rest of the data in the
HDD ? Do we take a snapshot every 7 days and use a separate 'archive' cluster to serve the
old data and a 'active' cluster to serve recent data ?

Any links/thoughts would be helpful.

View raw message