From Kanwar Sangha <kan...@mavenir.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra backup
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 02:26:40 GMT
Thanks. I will look into the details.

One issue I see is that if I have only one column family which needs only the last 7 days
data to be on SSD and the rest to be on the HDD, how will that work.

From: Michael Kjellman [mailto:mkjellman@barracuda.com]
Sent: 18 February 2013 20:08
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra backup

There is this:

http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/whats-new-in-cassandra-1-1-flexible-data-file-placement

But you'll need to design your data model around the fact that this is only as granular as
1 column family

Best,
michael

From: Kanwar Sangha <kanwar@mavenir.com<mailto:kanwar@mavenir.com>>
Date: Monday, February 18, 2013 6:06 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Cassandra backup

Hi - We have a req to store around 90 days of data per user. Last 7 days of data is going
to be accessed frequently. Is there a way we can have the recent data (7 days) in SSD and
the rest of the data in the
HDD ? Do we take a snapshot every 7 days and use a separate 'archive' cluster to serve the
old data and a 'active' cluster to serve recent data ?

Any links/thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,
Kanwar