From Kanwar Sangha <kan...@mavenir.com>
Subject RE: Mutation dropped
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 20:42:21 GMT
Hi - Is there a parameter which can be tuned to prevent the mutations from being dropped ?
Is this logic correct ?

Node A and B with RF=2, CL =1. Load balanced between the two.

--  Address           Load       Tokens  Owns (effective)  Host ID
       Rack
UN  10.x.x.x       746.78 GB  256     100.0%            dbc9e539-f735-4b0b-8067-b97a85522a1a
 rack1
UN  10.x.x.x       880.77 GB  256     100.0%            95d59054-be99-455f-90d1-f43981d3d778
 rack1

Once we hit a very high TPS (around 50k/sec of inserts), the nodes start falling behind and
we see the mutation dropped messages. But there are no failures on the client. Does that mean
other node is not able to persist the replicated data ? Is there some timeout associated with
replicated data persistence ?

Thanks,
Kanwar