From Kanwar Sangha <kan...@mavenir.com>
Subject RE: DataModel Question
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 12:47:01 GMT
1)      Version is 1.2

2)      DynamicComposites : I read somewhere that they are not recommended ?

3)      Good point. I need to think about that one.

From: Tamar Fraenkel [mailto:tamar@tok-media.com]
Sent: 06 February 2013 00:50
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: DataModel Question

Hi!
I have couple of questions regarding your model:
 1. What Cassandra version are you using? I am still working with 1.0 and this seems to make
sense, but 1.2 gives you much more power I think.
 2. Maybe I don't understand your model, but I think you need  DynamicComposite columns, as
user columns are different in number of components and maybe type.
 3. How do you associate between the SMS or MMS and the user you are chating with. Is it done
by a separate CF?
Thanks,
Tamar

Tamar Fraenkel