From Kanwar Sangha <kan...@mavenir.com>
Subject DataModel Question
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 01:39:42 GMT
Hi -  We are designing a Cassandra based storage for the following use cases-

*        Store SMS messages

*        Store MMS messages

*        Store Chat history

What would be the ideal was to design the data model for this kind of application ? I am thinking
on these lines ..

Row-Key :  Composite key [ PhoneNum : Day]

*        Example:   19876543456:05022013

Dynamic Column Families

*        Composite column key for SMS [SMS:MessageId:TimeUUID]

*        Composite column key for MMS [MMS:MessageId:TimeUUID]

*        Composite column key for user I am chatting with [UserId:198765432345] - This can
have multiple values since each chat conv can have many messages. Should this be a super column
?

19866666666:05022013

SMS:xxxx:ttttttt

SMS:xxx12:ttttttt