From Andrea Gazzarini <andrea.gazzar...@gmail.com>
Subject Only keys in a column family
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:35:33 GMT
Hi,
I'm using Cassandra 1.1.8 and today I saw in my keyspace a column family
with the following content

 > SELECT * FROM challenge;
  KEY
----------------------------
  49feb2000100000a556522ed68
  49feb2000100000a556522ed74
  49feb2000100000a556522ed7a
  49feb2000100000a556522ed72
  49feb2000100000a556522ed76
  49feb2000100000a556522ed6a
  49feb2000100000a556522ed70
  49feb2000100000a556522ed78
  49feb2000100000a556522ed6e
  49feb2000100000a556522ed6c

So, only rowkeys.
Yesterday those rows were there and I ran some deletions (exactly on
those rows). I'm using Hector

/Mutator<byte []> mutator = HFactory.createMutator(keyspace,
BYTES_ARRAY_SERIALIZER)//
//    .addDeletion(challengeRowKey(...), CHALLENGE_COLUMN_FAMILY_NAME)/
     ./execute();/

This is a small development and test environment on a single machine /
single node so I don't believe the hardware details are relevant.
Probably I'm doing something stupid or I didn't get the point about how
things are working, but as far I understood the rows above are no
valid... column name and column value coordinates are missing so there
are no valid cells (rowkey / column name / column value)...is that right?

I read about ghost reads but I think this is a scenario in a
distribuited environment...is that valid after one day and on a single
Cassandra node??

Regards and thanks in advance,
Andrea