From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: is upgradesstables required for 1.1.4 to 1.2.2? (I don't think it is)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 07:14:55 GMT
I'm currently migrating 1.1.0 to 1.2.1 and on our small CI cluster, that
I was testing some stuff on, it seems that it's not required to run
upgradesstables (this doc doesn't mention about it too:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.2/install/upgrading but the previous
versions did). Of course I'd like to upgrade them sooner or later (in
case of another C* upgrade or so), but for me it seems like it's just
going to work ("Cassandra is able to read data files created by the
previous version, but the inverse is not always true.") and compactions
will slowly "convert" old-version SSTables to new ones if I don't do it
manually.

M.