From Mike <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1.1.2 -> 1.1.8 upgrade
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:54:49 GMT
So the upgrade sstables is recommended as part of the upgrade to 1.1.3
if you are using counter columns

Also, there was a general recommendation (in another response to my
question) to run upgrade sstables because of:

"upgradesstables always needs to be done between majors. While 1.1.2 ->
1.1.8 is not a major, due to an unforeseen bug in the conversion to
microseconds you'll need to run upgradesstables."

Is this referring to: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4432

Can anyone know the impact of not running upgrade sstables? Or possible
not running it for several days?

Thanks,
-Mike