From Michal Michalski <mich...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1.1.2 -> 1.1.8 upgrade
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:14:30 GMT
OK, thanks Aaron. I ask because NEWS.txt is not a big help in case of >
1.1.5 versions because there's no info on them in it (especially on
1.1.7 which seems to be the most important one in this case, according
to the DataStax' upgrade instructions) ;-)

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/NEWS.txt

M.

W dniu 11.02.2013 11:05, aaron morton pisze:
> You can always run them. But in some situations repair cannot be used, and in this case
new nodes cannot be added. The news.txt file is your friend there.

> As a general rule when upgrading a cluster I move one node to the new version and let
it soak in for an hour or so. Just to catch any crazy. I then upgrade all the nodes and run
through the upgrade table. You can stagger upgrade table to be every RF'th node in the cluster
to reduce the impact.