From Mike <mthero...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1.1.2 -> 1.1.8 upgrade
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2013 17:40:44 GMT
Thank you,

Another question on this topic.

Upgrading from 1.1.2->1.1.9 requires running upgradesstables, which will
take many hours on our dataset (about 12).  For this upgrade, is it
recommended that I:

1) Upgrade all the DB nodes to 1.1.9 first, then go around the ring and
run a staggered upgrade of the sstables over a number of days.
2) Upgrade one node at a time, running the clustered in a mixed
1.1.2->1.1.9 configuration for a number of days.

I would prefer #1, as with #2, streaming will not work until all the
nodes are upgraded.

I appreciate your thoughts,
-Mike