From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra 1.1.2 -> 1.1.8 upgrade
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:23:14 GMT
You have linked to the 1.2 news file, which branched from 1.1 at some point.

Look at the news file in the distribution you are installing or here https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-1.1/NEWS.txt

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/02/2013, at 11:14 PM, Michal Michalski <michalm@opera.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks Aaron. I ask because NEWS.txt is not a big help in case of > 1.1.5 versions
because there's no info on them in it (especially on 1.1.7 which seems to be the most important
one in this case, according to the DataStax' upgrade instructions) ;-)

> https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/NEWS.txt
>
> M.
>

> W dniu 11.02.2013 11:05, aaron morton pisze:
>> You can always run them. But in some situations repair cannot be used, and in this
case new nodes cannot be added. The news.txt file is your friend there.

>> As a general rule when upgrading a cluster I move one node to the new version and
let it soak in for an hour or so. Just to catch any crazy. I then upgrade all the nodes and
run through the upgrade table. You can stagger upgrade table to be every RF'th node in the
cluster to reduce the impact.