From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Q on schema migratins
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:47:26 GMT
>  dropped this secondary index after while.
I assume you use UPDATE COLUMN FAMILY in the CLI.

> How can I avoid this secondary index building on node join?
Check the schema using show schema in the cli.

Check that all nodes in the cluster have the same schema, using describe cluster in the cli.
If they are in disagreement see this http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#schema_disagreement

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/02/2013, at 5:17 AM, Igor <igor@4friends.od.ua> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Cassandra 1.0.7
>
> Some time ago we used secondary index on one of  CF. Due to performance reasons we dropped
this secondary index after while. But now, each time I add and bootstrap new node I see how
cassandra again build this secondary index on this node (which takes huge time), and when
 index is built it is not used anymore, so I can safely delete files from disk.