From <Stephen.M.Thomp...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject Not enough replicas???
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 21:57:33 GMT
I need to offer my profound thanks to this community which has been so helpful in trying to
figure this system out.

I've setup a simple ring with two nodes and I'm trying to insert data to them.  I get failures
100% with this error:

me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HUnavailableException: : May not be enough replicas present
to handle consistency level.

I'm not doing anything fancy - this is just from setting up the cluster following the basic
instructions from datastax for a simple one data center cluster.  My config is basically the
default except for the changes they discuss (except that I have configured for my IP addresses...
my two boxes are .126 and .127)

cluster_name: 'MyDemoCluster'
num_tokens: 256
seed_provider:
  - class_name: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleSeedProvider
    parameters:
         - seeds: "10.28.205.126"
listen_address: 10.28.205.126
rpc_address: 0.0.0.0
endpoint_snitch: RackInferringSnitch

Nodetool shows both nodes active in the ring, status = up, state = normal.

For the CF:

   ColumnFamily: SystemEvent
     Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
     Default column value validator: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
     Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
     GC grace seconds: 864000
     Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
     Read repair chance: 0.1
     DC Local Read repair chance: 0.0
     Replicate on write: true
     Caching: KEYS_ONLY
     Bloom Filter FP chance: default
     Built indexes: [SystemEvent.IdxName]
     Column Metadata:
       Column Name: eventTimeStamp
         Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.DateType
       Column Name: name
         Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
         Index Name: IdxName
         Index Type: KEYS
     Compaction Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy
     Compression Options:
       sstable_compression: org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor

Any ideas?