From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra backup
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2013 03:43:14 GMT
You'll need to use two CF's to achieve that. Denormalising to support a workload like that
is not a terrible idea.

Depending on how big the 7 days hot set is you may get benefit from using a large row cache
with one CF. Maybe worth doing some testing.

CHeers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 19/02/2013, at 3:26 PM, Kanwar Sangha <kanwar@mavenir.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I will look into the details.
>
> One issue I see is that if I have only one column family which needs only the last 7
days data to be on SSD and the rest to be on the HDD, how will that work.

going to be accessed frequently. Is there a way we can have the recent data (7 days) in SSD
and the rest of the data in the
> HDD ? Do we take a snapshot every 7 days and use a separate ‘archive’ cluster to
serve the old data and a ‘active’ cluster to serve recent data ?