From ka...@comcast.net
Subject Write performance expectations...
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:49:54 GMT
Hello,
New member here, and I have (yet another) question on write performance.

I'm using Apache Cassandra version 1.1, Python 2.7 and Pycassa 1.7.

I have a cluster of 2 datacenters, each with 3 nodes, on AWS EC2 using EBS and the RandomPartioner.
I'm writing to a column family in a keyspace that's replicated to all nodes in both datacenters,
with a consistency level of LOCAL_QUORUM.

I'm seeing write performance of around 2500 rows per second.

Is this in the ballpark for this kind of configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Ken....