From Brandon Walsh <brandon_9021...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cassandra network latency & tuning
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 00:44:10 GMT
I have a 5 node cluster and currently running ver 1.2. Prior to full scale deployment, I'm
running some benchmarks  using YCSB. From a hadoop cluster deployment we saw an excellent
improvement using higher speed networks. However Cassandra does not include network latencies
and I would like to understand how we can capture network latencies between a 1GbE and 10GbE
for ex. As of now all the graphs look the same. We will soon be adding SSD's and was wondering
how Cassandra can utilize the 10GbE and the SSD's and if there are specific tuning that is
required.