From Tim Wintle <timwin...@gmail.com>
Subject Time complexity of cassandra operations
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:02:09 GMT
Hi,

I've tried searching for this all over the place, but I can't find an
answer anywhere...

What is the (theoretical) time complexity of basic C* operations?

I assume that single lookups are O(log(R/N)) for R rows across N nodes
(as SST lookups should be O(log(n)) and there are R/N rows per node).

Writes with consistency 1 should be O(1) as they're just appended..

But what about iteration through rows? I don't think I know enough about
how iteration is implemented to guess what the complexity is here.

Tim