From Tim Wintle <timwin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pycassa vs YCSB results.
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:15:41 GMT
On Tue, 2013-02-05 at 13:51 -0500, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> Without stating the obvious, if you are interested in scale, then why
> pick python?.

I would (kind of) agree with this point..

If you absolutely need performance here then python isn't the right
choice.

If, however, you are currently working with python and the question was
just "why is pycassa not as fast as YCSB, can I make it faster" then I'd
say the fact it was only a constant factor of 2 slower shows it's
perfectly possible to stick with python.

FYI the setup I'm using to write data to Cassandra is based around a
series of 0mq applications - the actual loader is in python, but
filtering steps before that are (partly) in C.

Tim