From Drew Kutcharian <d...@venarc.com>
Subject Re: Operation Consideration with Counter Column Families
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 22:15:29 GMT
Thanks Aaron, so will there only be one "value" for each counter column per sstable just like
regular columns? For some reason I was under the impression that Cassandra keeps a log of
all the increments not the actual value.

On Feb 5, 2013, at 12:36 PM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

>> Are there any specific operational considerations one should make when using counter
columns families?
> Performance, as they incur a read and a write.
> There were some issues with overcounts in log replay (see the changes.txt).
>
>>  How are counter column families stored on disk?
> Same as regular CF's.
>
>> How do they effect compaction?
> None.
>
> Cheers

> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 6/02/2013, at 7:47 AM, Drew Kutcharian <drew@venarc.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> Are there any specific operational considerations one should make when using counter
columns families? How are counter column families stored on disk? How do they effect compaction?