From Jain Rahul <ja...@ivycomptech.com>
Subject RE: NPE in running "ClientOnlyExample"
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:45:35 GMT
Thanks Edward,

My Bad. I was confused as It does seems to create keyspace also, As I understand (although
i'm not sure)

   List<CfDef> cfDefList = new ArrayList<CfDef>();
        CfDef columnFamily = new CfDef(KEYSPACE, COLUMN_FAMILY);
        cfDefList.add(columnFamily);
        try
        {
            client.system_add_keyspace(new KsDef(KEYSPACE, "org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy",
1, cfDefList));
            int magnitude = client.describe_ring(KEYSPACE).size();

Can I request you to please point me to some examples with I can start. I try to see some
example from hector but it does seems to be in-line with Cassandra's 1.1 version.

Regards,
Rahul

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Capriolo [mailto:edlinuxguru@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 February 2013 21:49
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: NPE in running "ClientOnlyExample"

This is a bad example to follow. This is the internal client the Cassandra nodes use to talk
to each other (fat client) usually you do not use this unless you want to write some embedded
code on the Cassandra server.

Typically clients use thrift/native transport. But you are likely getting the error you are
seeing because the keyspace or column family is not created yet.