From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cluster with cross data center and local
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:34:48 GMT
>  I assume my only options are to create another cluster or to create another keyspace
using LocalStrategy strategy?
You do need another key space, but you can still use the NetworkTopologyStrategy.
Just set the strategy options to be dc1: 2 and dc2: 0. (check the docs for CLI and CQL for
exact strategy options).

> What's the difference between LocalStrategy and SimpleStrategy?
LocalStrategy is used by System keyspaces and secondary indexes to store data on a local node
only. You do not want that.

IMHO better to use NetworkTopologyStrategy as above than simple.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 25/02/2013, at 10:41 AM, Keith Wright <kwright@nanigans.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    I have a cluster with 2 data centers with an RF 2 keyspace using network topology
on 1.1.10.  I would like to configure it such that some of the data is not cross data center
replicated but is replicated between the nodes of the local data center.  I assume my only