Hi All,

I have created a column family as follows. (With secondary indexes.)

create column family users with comparator=UTF8Type and key_validation_class = 'UTF8Type' and default_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
 and column_metadata=[{column_name: full_name, validation_class: UTF8Type},
 {column_name: birth_year, validation_class: LongType, index_type: KEYS},
 {column_name: state, validation_class:  UTF8Type, index_type: KEYS}];

And I am using CQL driver-1.1.1 with Cassandra server-1.1.1. Once I try to execute the following query, it gives  an exception saying 'No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with "equals" operator'.

CQL :
select * from users where birth_year<1965

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with "equals" operator
    at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraPreparedStatement.doExecute(CassandraPreparedStatement.java:155)
    at org.apache.cassandra.cql.jdbc.CassandraPreparedStatement.executeQuery(CassandraPreparedStatement.java:199)

Appreciate any help to resolve this..

Regards,
Dinusha.