From: Rob Coli <>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: General question regarding bootstrap and nodetool repair

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Wei Zhu <> wrote:
> But I am still not sure how about the my first question regarding the
> bootstrap, anyone?

As I understand it, bootstrap occurs from a single replica. Which
replica is chosen is based on some internal estimation of which is
closest/least loaded/etc. But only from a single replica, so in RF=3,
in order to be consistent with both you still have to run a repair.

=Robert Coli
YAHOO - rcoli.palominob
SKYPE - rcoli_palominodb