From Carlos Rolo <c.r...@ocom.com>
Subject Re: How many BATCH inserts in to many?
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2013 13:20:24 GMT
Hello,

I have managed to insert up to 63k records without any problem. In certain workloads I found
that massive batch inserts perform way better than lots of not-so-massive inserts. I guess
it also depends on your setup. Just try it.

Alan Ristić <alan.ristic@gmail.com> escreveu:

Hi,
I'm implementing Facebook style notifications/activities (e.g "your friend liked this article")
in our app. I considered message queue for this task before exploring how BATCH insert in
C* could perform. Could I leave Queue altogether and just use batch insert? Is like...5000
insers too much overload for this kind of work? And what is limiting the number of inserts?

oh..the data model in C* is straightforward - "give me all notifications for user A"

Lp,
Alan Ristić

m: 040 423 688