From Andy Cobley <acob...@computing.dundee.ac.uk>
Subject Re: JDBC, Select * Cql2 vs Cql3 problem ?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:15:27 GMT
Hi Edward,

I've used Hector for years now myself and know how good it is.  I think I've tracked this
to a problem in the JDBC driver, I'll post a message and raise a ticket over there.  (there
is still a possibility that Cassandra 1.2 is sending an incorrect CQLresult set)

Andy

On 30 Jan 2013, at 14:26, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Darn auto correct cql2 , is only good for compact tables. Make sure you are setting you
cql version. Or frankly just switch to Hector / thrift and use things that are know to work
for years now.

> On Wednesday, January 30, 2013, Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You really can't mix cql2 and cql3. Cql2 does not understand cql3s sparse tables.
Technically it ,barfs all over the place. Cql2 is only good for contact tables.