From Tim Dunphy <>
Subject Re: change cluster name retaining keypsace
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 03:36:12 GMT

And thanks for your reply! Well so far it's just a single node. So I
wouldn't think this should be so complicated. But one day hopefully from
this node a cluster will grow, but that we shall have to wait and see.

At any rate, at /var/log/cassandra I don't see a directory called system.
All I see is a system log (a bunch of them rotated, I won't show the
rotated logs:

[root@beta:~] #ls -l /var/log/cassandra/system.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12003809 Jan  9 22:29 /var/log/cassandra/system.log

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM, aaron morton <>wrote:

> /var/log/cassandra/data/system/LocationInfo

The only LocationInfo files I see pertaining to cassandra are here:

[root@beta:~] #locate LocationInfo | grep -i  -v -e backup -e nagios

Not sure what the effect of removing these files would be, but would doing
so  allow me to change my cluster name while retaining my keyspace schema?

GPG me!!

gpg --keyserver --recv-keys F186197B

View raw message