From Ryan Lowe <ryanjl...@gmail.com>
Subject VNodes, Replication and Minimum cluster size
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:07:33 GMT
I have heard before that the recommended minimum cluster size is 4 (with
replication factor of 3).  I am curious to know if vnodes would change that
or if that statement was valid to begin with!

The use case I am working on is one where we see tremendous amount of load
for just 2 days out of the week and the rest of the time the cluster is
pretty much idle.  It appears that vnodes will allow me to auto-scale the
clusters size a little easier, but I am wondering what is the smallest I
can get the cluster in physical server count and still have a good
replication count.

I'll panic about having 1 of 2 or 1 of 3 servers going down in an outage as
a separate topic alone at night while not sleeping.

Thanks!
Ryan