From Brian Tarbox <tar...@cabotresearch.com>
Subject help turning compaction..hours of run to get 0% compaction....
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 20:03:28 GMT
I have a column family where I'm doing 500 inserts/sec for 12 hours or so
at time.  At some point my performance falls off a cliff due to time spent
doing compactions.

I'm seeing row after row of logs saying that after 1 or 2 hours of
compactiing it reduced to 100% of 99% of the original.

I'm trying to understand what direction this data points me to in term of
configuration change.

   a) increase my compaction_throughput_mb_per_sec because I'm falling
behind (am I falling behind?)

   b) enable multi-threaded compaction?

Any help is appreciated.

Brian