From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Pagination over row Keys in Cassandra using Kundera/CQL queries
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 03:46:46 GMT
Its the same idea.

If you want to get 50 columns ask for 51, iterate over the first 50 and use the 51st as the
first column for the next page. If you get < 51 column then you are at the end of the page.

I've not used Kundera so cannot talk about specifics.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/01/2013, at 7:20 AM, Snehal Nagmote <nagmote.snehal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Aaron , that link helps.
>
> However, In my application ,  I am using jpa(Kundera)  to query cassandra.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this in cql or jpa query language?
>
> Thanks,
> Snehal
>
> On 9 January 2013 16:28, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Try this http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#iter_world
>
> Take a look at the code examples it points to.
>
> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> New Zealand
>
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 10/01/2013, at 11:55 AM, Snehal Nagmote <nagmote.snehal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I am using Kundera 2.0.7 and Cassandra 1.0.8. I need to implement batching/ pagination
over row keys.

>> for instance, Scan columnfamily , get 100 records in batch everytime , till all keys
are exhausted.

>> I am using random partitioner for keyspace. I explored  limit option in cql and ,setMaxresults()
, but It doesnt give me ability to do range scan over row keys .

>> One option I can think of is Storing those row keys in separate column family as
columns and do range queries on column.