From <Stephen.M.Thomp...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject Date Index?
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 17:05:26 GMT
Hi folks -

Question about secondary indexes.  How are people doing date indexes?    I have a date column
in my tables in RDBMS that we use frequently, such as look at all records recorded in the
last month.  What is the best practice for being able to do such a query?  It seems like there
could be an advantage to adding a couple of columns like this:

                {timestamp=2013/01/08 12:32:01 -0500}
                {month=201301}
                {day=08}

And then I could do secondary index on the month and day columns?  Would that be the best
way to do something like this?  Is there any accepted "best practice" on this yet?

Thanks!
Steve