From <Stephen.M.Thomp...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject Cassandra / Windows Server 2008
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:23:08 GMT
Hi folks - I have a Windows 2008 server that I'm trying to get Cassandra working on.  I have
disabled the Windows Firewall for the moment but I still cannot connect to the server.

I have tried editing the cassandra.yaml to update the listen_address to the machine address
as well as blank or commented out altogether - no change found at all.

Any suggestion at all would be most welcome!

-steve

SERVER STARTUP
(* snip *)
INFO 13:58:47,161 Binding thrift service to localhost/127.0.0.1:9160
(* snip *)

LOCAL CLIENT
(default/localhost)

C:\Java\apache-cassandra-1.1.7\bin>cassandra-cli
Starting Cassandra Client
Column Family assumptions read from xxxxxxxxx\assumptions.json
Connected to: "Test Cluster" on 127.0.0.1/9160
Welcome to Cassandra CLI version 1.1.6

Type 'help;' or '?' for help.
Type 'quit;' or 'exit;' to quit.

[default@unknown]

(Success!)

LOCAL CLIENT USING IP ADDRESS
(connecting to localhost but using ip address)

C:\Java\apache-cassandra-1.1.7\bin>cassandra-cli -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Starting Cassandra Client
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused:
connect
        at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:183)
        at org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.open(TFramedTransport.java:81)
        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.connect(CliMain.java:79)
        at org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliMain.main(CliMain.java:255)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)
        at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSocket.open(TSocket.java:178)
        ... 3 more
Exception connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/9160. Reason: Connection refused: connect.
Column Family assumptions read from xxxxxxxxxxx\assumptions.json
Welcome to Cassandra CLI version 1.1.6

I get the same result trying to connect from a remote machine.