From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How long does it take for a write to actually happen?
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:42:40 GMT
> But Cassandra 1.1.7 is not fully CQL3, yet. Is it?
By default 1.1 is CQL 2
1.1 is CQL 3 beta and it not compatible with CQL 3 in 1.2.
I do not think there are plans to bring CQL in 1.1 up to the CQL 1.2 spec. Though I may be
wrong there.

If you are using a higher level client it will be using thrift, and if you are not setting
the timestamp the client will be doing it for you.

In either case it's always good to have the clocks as syncronised as possible.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Cassandra Developer
New Zealand

@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/01/2013, at 12:12 AM, Vitaly Sourikov <vitaly.sourikov@gmail.com> wrote:

> But Cassandra 1.1.7 is not fully CQL3, yet. Is it? I did not have any timestamps explicitly,
as columns, in that CF, but synchronizing clocks on Cassandra and its clients actually seems
to solve the latency problem I had. So, I just want to make sure that it makes sense.