From DE VITO Dominique <dominique.dev...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject property 'disk_access_mode' not found in cassandra.yaml
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 14:45:04 GMT
Hi,

>From time to time, I have seen discussed in ML the 'disk_access_mode' property.

But...
- this property is not mentionned in v1.1 full doc PDF (it's only mentionned under another
name 'DiskAccessMode' => so doing CTRL-F for 'disk_access_mode' finds nothing)
- this property is not in cassandra.yaml (not in v1.1, v1.0, v0.8, V0.7, v0.6, v0.5...), even
into the commented parts.
- the Cassandra wiki does not document it (the search finds nothing).
- the search http://www.datastax.com/docs/search-1-1?q=disk_access_mode gives one page result,
for troubleshooting purposes only (but confusingly, this page mentionned only 'DiskAccessMode'
=> so doing CTRL-F for 'disk_access_mode' finds nothing)

What is the status of 'disk_access_mode' property ?

Is the default 'auto' the best possible option so that no one has to worry about it anymore
?

Or, is it a miss into the Cassandra doc ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Dominique