Hey All,

I have a bunch of time-series data stored in a cluster using a ByteOrderedPartitioner. My keys are time buckets representing events that occurred in an hour. I've been trying to write a mapreduce job that considers only events with in a certain time range by specifying an input range, but this doesn't seem to be working.

I expect the following code to scan data for a single key (1353456000), but it is scanning all keys.

int key = 1353456000;
IPartitioner part = ConfigHelper.getInputPartitioner(job.getConfiguration());
Token token =  part.getToken(ByteBufferUtil.bytes(key));
ConfigHelper.setInputRange(job.getConfiguration(), part.getTokenFactory().toString(token), part.getTokenFactory().toString(token));

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jamie