On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Abhijit Chanda <abhijit.chanda0@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I have a column family which structure is

CREATE TABLE practice (
  id text,
  name text,
  addr text,
  pin text,
  PRIMARY KEY (id, name)
) WITH
  comment='' AND
  caching='KEYS_ONLY' AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  replicate_on_write='true' AND
  compaction_strategy_class='SizeTieredCompactionStrategy' AND
  compression_parameters:sstable_compression='SnappyCompressor';

CREATE INDEX idx_address ON practice (addr);

Initially i have made the column family using CQL 3.0.0. Then for creating the index i have used CQL 2.0.

Now when want to insert any data in the column family it always shows  a timeout exception.
INSERT INTO practice (id, name, addr,pin) VALUES ( '1','AB','kolkata','700052');
Request did not complete within rpc_timeout.

Please suggest me where i am getting wrong?

That would be creating the index through CQL 2. Why did you use CQL 3 for the CF creation
and CQL 2 for the index one? If you do both in CQL 3, that should work as expected.

That being said, you should probably not get timeouts (that won't do what you want though).
If you look at the server log, do you have an exception there?

--
Sylvain