Just make month time stamp a part of row key. Then once a month select old data, move it and delete.

Andrey

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:08 AM, <Stephen.M.Thompson@wellsfargo.com> wrote:

Hi folks. †Still working through the details of building out a Cassandra solution and I have an interesting requirement that Iím not sure how to implement in Cassandra:

In our current Oracle world, we have the data for this system partitioned by month, and each month the data that are now 18-months old are archived to tape/cold storage and then the partition for that month is dropped.† Is there a way to do something similar with Cassandra without destroying our overall performance?

Thanks in advance,

Steve