Thanks Aaron,

I am not quite clear on how MMap loads SSTables other than the fact that it kicks in only during a first-time access

Is it going to load only relevant pages per SSTable on read or is it going to load an entire SSTable on first access?

Say suppose compaction kicks in. Will it then evict hot MMapped pages for read and substitute it with a lot of pages involving full SSTables?

--
Ravi