Anyone still use Pelops?

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Shahryar Sedghi <shsedghi@gmail.com> wrote:
I use JDBC with Cassandra 1.1 with CQL 3. I  tried both Hector and Thrift and JDBC is  much easier to code, I never tried Astyanax. Application servers have built-in connection pooling support for JDBC, but do not provide fail over to other machines, you need to do it at the application level.

Another Caveat: With Both Hector and Thrift without CQL you can retrieve all or portion of the row keys, CQL (at least on 1.1) does not give you distinct row keys. If you have a use case like this, either you need a Hybrid API solution or stick with another API,

Regards

Shahryar

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Michael Kjellman <mkjellman@barracuda.com> wrote:
This was asked as recently as one month + 1 day btw:

http://grokbase.com/t/cassandra/user/12bve4d8e8/java-high-level-client if you weren't subscribed to the group to see the messages to see a longer discussion.

From: Baskar Sikkayan <techbaski@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, December 28, 2012 7:24 PM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <user@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Cassadra API for Java

Hi,
  I am new to Apache Cassandra.
Could you please suggest me good java API( Hector, thrift or .....) for Cassandra?

Thanks,
Baskar.S

Join Barracuda Networks in the fight against hunger.
To learn how you can help in your community, please visit: http://on.fb.me/UAdL4f
  ญญ

--
"Life is what happens while you are making other plans." ~ John Lennon