Hi Mike,

There's also the shuffle utility (in the bin directory) that can incrementally move ranges around to migrate to vnodes.

Richard.

On 11 December 2012 08:47, Michael Kjellman <mkjellman@barracuda.com> wrote:
So I'm wondering if anyone has given thought to their migration path to Vnodes. Other than having a separate cluster and migrating the data from the old cluster to the vnode cluster what else can we do.

One suggestion I've heard is start up a second Cassandra instance on each node on different ports and migrate between nodes that way.

Best,
mike

'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive content and other resources on all Barracuda Networks solutions.

Visit http://barracudanetworks.com/facebook

--
Richard Low
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu