Rob,

Have you played with this I have many CFs, some big some small some using large caches some using small ones, some that take many requests, some that take a few.

Over time I have cooked up a strategy for how to share the cache love, even thought it may not be the "best" solution to the problem I feel it makes sense.

I can not figure out how I am going to be happy with global caches that I do not control the size. What is your take on this?

Edward

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Rob Coli <rcoli@palominodb.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM, Roman Yankin <roman@cognitivematch.com> wrote:
> In Cassandra v 0.7 there was a column family property called keys_cached, now it's gone and I'm struggling to understand which of the below properties it's now substituted (if substituted at all)?

Key and row caches are global in modern cassandra. You opt CFs out of
the key cache, not opt in, because the default setting is "keys_only"
on a per-CF basis.

http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/configuration/node_configuration#row-cache-keys-to-save

http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/configuration/node_configuration#key-cache-keys-to-save

http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/configuration/storage_configuration#caching