Hello folks --

I just ran into this nasty Cassandra issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4805?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel

As a result, one of my column families had its schema reset. For example, when I created the column family, this was its schema:
CREATE TABLE values (   rk text,   ck text,   cnt counter,   sum counter,   PRIMARY KEY (rk, ck) );

And now, it's schema has become:
cqlsh:metrics> describe COLUMNFAMILy values;
CREATE TABLE fifteenminutes (  rk text PRIMARY KEY )

Is there a way to restore the schema? (all my client code expects the original schema?)

I can add back the cnt / sum columns by updating the column_metadata in the Cassandra-Cli -- however, I cannot find a way to fix the compound primary key. This is the command that restored everything but the compound primary key:

alter column family values
  with column_type = 'Standard'
  and comparator = 'CompositeType(org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type,org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type)'
  and default_validation_class = 'CounterColumnType'
  and key_validation_class = 'UTF8Type'
  and read_repair_chance = 0.0
  and dclocal_read_repair_chance = 0.0
  and gc_grace = 864000
  and min_compaction_threshold = 4
  and max_compaction_threshold = 32
  and replicate_on_write = true
  and compaction_strategy = 'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'
  and caching = 'KEYS_ONLY'
  and compression_options = {'sstable_compression' : 'org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor'}
  and column_metadata=[
        { column_name:'cnt', validation_class:CounterColumnType },
        { column_name:'sum', validation_class:CounterColumnType }
    ];

Also, FWIW, if I describe the schema of my busted CF, I see the following errors:
Unexpected table structure; may not translate correctly to CQL. expected composite key CF to have column aliases, but found none
Unexpected table structure; may not translate correctly to CQL. expected [u'rk'] length to be 2, but it's 1.

Thanks!
Charles