From Andras Szerdahelyi <andras.szerdahe...@ignitionone.com>
Subject Re: Changing rpc_port in cassandra.yaml has no effect
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:51:35 GMT

Its not clear to me how you are starting the daemon. You mention Eclipse - do you have Cassandra
embedded in an Eclipse project? cassandra.yaml might not be read correctly. Make sure its
on the class path, i have it in src/main/resources and it gets picked up from there just fine
( although i only ever use it in my unit tests )

CassandraDaemon cassandra = new CassandraDaemon();
cassandra.init(null);
cassandra.start();

It might also be worthwhile to inspect log output from org.apache.cassandra. Put this in your
log4j.properties

log4j.logger.org.apache.cassandra = FINEST, cassandra
# Cassandra log
log4j.appender.cassandra = org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.cassandra.File = target/log/cassandra.log
log4j.appender.cassandra.MaxFileSize = 10MB
log4j.appender.cassandra.MaxBackupIndex = 5
log4j.appender.cassandra.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.cassandra.layout.ConversionPattern = %d %p %c - %m%n

Andras Szerdahelyi
Solutions Architect, IgnitionOne | 1831 Diegem E.Mommaertslaan 20A
M: +32 493 05 50 88 | Skype: sandrew84

[cid:7BDF7228-D831-4D98-967A-BE04FEB17544]

On 25 Dec 2012, at 22:56, Bob Futrelle <bob.futrelle@gmail.com<mailto:bob.futrelle@gmail.com>>