From Andy Cobley <>
Subject JDBC, Pools and clusters ?
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2012 14:23:57 GMT
I'm starting to move to JBC for Cassandra (away from Hector).    In his strange loop 2012 anti-pattern
presentation, Mathew Dennis writes:

"Sometimes people try to restrict clients to a single node. This actually takes work, and
causes problems. Don’t do it."

Now, I note that the JDBC pooled connection class takes a single  node as an argument creating
 a pool of connections to that node.   So, Whats the best way of handling this in a (web)
application ?  Should I create multiple pools to each of the nodes in the cluster or is there
a better best practice.

Is there an equivalent  to Hector's getKnownPoolHosts for JDBC ?

Many Thanks

Andy C