From Ben Hood <0x6e6...@gmail.com>
Subject Batch mutation streaming
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 13:34:43 GMT
Hi,

I'd like my app to stream a large number of events into Cassandra that originate from the
same network input stream. If I create one batch mutation, can I just keep appending events
to the Cassandra batch until I'm done, or are there some practical considerations about doing
this (e.g. too much stuff buffering up on the client or server side, visibility of the data
within the batch that hasn't been closed by the client yet)? Barring any discussion about
atomicity, if I were able to stream a largish source into Cassandra, what would happen if
the client crashed and didn't close the batch? Or is this kind of thing just a normal occurrence
that Cassandra has to be aware of anyway?

Cheers,

Ben