From André Cruz <andre.c...@co.sapo.pt>
Subject Re: Row cache and counters
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:07:48 GMT
On 29/12/2012, at 16:59, rohit bhatia <rohit2412@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reads during a write still occur during a counter increment with CL ONE, but that latency
is not counted in the request latency for the write. Your local node write latency of 45 microseconds
is pretty quick. what is your timeout and the write request latency you see.

Most of the time the increments are pretty quick, in the millisecond range. I have a 8s timeout
and sometimes timeouts happen in bursts.

> In our deployment we had some issues and we could trace the timeouts to parnew gc collections
which were quite frequent. You might just want to take a look there too.

What can we do about that? Which settings did you tune?

Thanks,
André